The Sales Representative will be responsible for securing and maintaining business relationships with exhibitors and attendees in the endurance portfolio including The Running Event, Switchback and Running Insight. This role will foster growth, excitement, and awareness to qualifying and soliciting prospective exhibitors, ancillary/sponsorship/advertising sales; communicating the terms of the sales contract; and serving on-site as needed.
The ideal candidate has a passion and understanding of the running and outdoors industry with a strong knowledge of the athletic industry and trends in the marketplace. This role will work closely with internal teams (Marketing, Sales, Content, Customer Service) to fully understand the audience and their needs.
- Meet and/or exceed sales goals through sales of exhibit space, ancillary offerings, and media.
- Represent our brands with confidence and professionalism with current and prospective customers.
- Consistently and effectively prospect to find new leads through Zoom Info, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other related events.
- Outbound efforts expected to include calls, e-mails, social media, and all tools/resources available to engage potential customers.
- Create compelling proposals to help secure new business.
- Track and manage all sales and prospecting activity for exhibit space, sponsorships and in Salesforce.
- Provide and be prepared to discuss pipeline reports and analysis on a weekly basis.
- Provide consistent follow-up and superior customer service by maintaining strong business relationships with customers.
- Keep abreast of current market and sales trends and identify and qualify new prospects to support territory growth.
- Attend competitive and industry events.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Manager and Endurance Group team members to advance product portfolio and meet group goals.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 1-3 years proven background in sales.
- Professional relationship building experience.
- Strong organizational skills to manage selling multiple products; ability to communicate direction and align with peers, strategic thinking to develop and implement growth strategies for product sales; strong communication skills and ability to present and sell ideas to customers, as well as to senior management.
- Ability to make frequent outbound calls with enthusiasm and perseverance a must. Sales will be conducted utilizing a combination outreach by phone, email and in-person meeting/events.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and close the sale.
Travel required (3- 5 times per year) to industry events.
We are dedicated to creating, promoting, and nurturing a safe and inclusive work environment and we expect the same from each of our employees. We value diverse talents and welcome individuals with unique backgrounds, working styles, and skillsets. We believe that our differences make us a better team and stronger community by allowing us to make better decisions, be more innovative, and better serve our customers and business partners.
Portland, Maine Headquarters
Diversified Communications is headquartered in Portland, Maine, a coastal city rich with culture and character.
Our people are the heart of our business and the driving force behind our success. We provide ample opportunity to innovate, be creative, learn, and develop new talents as our business continues to grow.
Maine Roots. Global Opportunities
Do you want to be part of an amazing success story and a team that thrives on challenge and creativity, works hard and has fun along the way? We love finding top talent to join our growing teams. Apply to one of our open positions today.
We know there’s more to life than work. Our benefits are designed to support you professionally and personally. We take care of you – mind, body and soul – and that includes your family. We invite you to take a look
Shared values – our 7 Cs – drive how we do things.
Caring | Communication | Community | Commitment | Competence | Cooperation & Competition | Customers